Friday, January 20, 2017

Torment by Lauren Kate

Book two in the Fallen series! After everything that happened at Sword & Cross Daniel sends Luce to a new school with higher security. She gets sent to a school in California, far away from her small town in Georgia, that caters specifically to people like her. Not only does Luce get pulled from her home and away from her family, who thinks that she's still enrolled at Sword & Cross, Daniel still can't be with her because it's dangerous. Luce does make new friends at her new school and also starts to learn more about her past selves and even more about her current self. 

This book wasn't my favorite in this series and let me tell you why. First of all, this book makes you kind of hate Daniel in my opinion. He's distant, refuses to tell Luce anything, and just overall feels blocked off. I'm not complaining, I really get why it had to be that way and I think that it really helped us learn more about Luce as a person. This book allowed you to see Luce without the veil and awe of Daniel. Like Fallen, there are a lot of low rating reviews on this book. Many people felt the same way I did about Daniel, but they let it ruin the book for them. Yes, Daniel and Luce fight and argue during most of this book but in my opinion, that's not what monopolizes the whole story. Basically, what I'm saying is that there's more to this book than Daniel being a jerk and Luce being a little whiny. 

I don't recommend this book to people that didn't like Fallen. I get it if you want to give it another chance, see if it gets better, or whatever reasoning you have about it. If you don't like the first one just stop with the series. Don't write mean, annoying reviews over and over again, if it's such torture than stop reading the books! There are millions of books out there, find one, read it, and move on. On the other hand, if you enjoyed Fallen like I did then please read this book. It's not the best but it keeps getting better. 

Other Books Like This Series:
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
Need by Carrie Jones

Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment