Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Creative Writing: From Think to Ink by Simeon Lindstrom

This is officially the 100th post I've made :) I'm not going to lie, I'm super impressed with myself. I have never successfully kept a blog for more than a few weeks before and now I'm at post 100 and it's almost been a year!

This book is a great assistant when writing. I used it a lot throughout my writing process and it's very helpful. This book is filled with tips and truths about how writing can be. It is written in a way that is easy to read and understand. This author writes in a way that is funny and witty, it had a lot of information about writing, writer's block, and other ways to keep your writing moving. 

I really enjoyed this book. Reviews on it are very mixed, some loved it and some think that it's crap. The people who loved it talk about how it's not packed with too much information and is a good quick read. Ones who don't talk about the same thing but negatively. They expected more and disliked it's lack of fine detail. For me, this book was helpful as a beginner writer, it didn't have too much info but helped me out. I can see how more experienced writers might not enjoy this book.

I recommend this book to any beginner creative writers. It has simple tips and tricks that can help with confidence and getting your writing down on the paper. It's also an enjoyable read for anyone interested in writing. 

I don't know many books like this, and apparently, neither does Goodreads haha!

Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment