Monday, January 16, 2017

Forsaken by Sophia Sharp

Forsaken is about a girl named Nora Colburn. She is your classic, plain-Jane, unnoticed high schooler. Until one day a new kid arrives and rumors about him a spreading fast. Her friend tells her that he was kicked out of all of his other schools and is trouble. On his first day Nora gets assigned to stay after school to catch him up in the class they share. As they get to know each other he shares a secret with her that blows her mind. What he shows her is an ancient secret that puts them both in danger.

This book is not very good. I enjoyed it enough but it was just very poorly written. Almost every review I've read about this book compares it to Twilight, seems to be a trend in my recent posts. However, unlike what I said in my review of Fallen, I completely agree with it. When a friend asked what it was about I basically told them that it was Twilight with different characters and a slightly different plot. Even though it's different the basic plot is the same. Twilight- Quiet, new girl drawn to mysterious guy, falls in love, a secret is shared, suddenly she's in danger. Forsaken- Shy girl drawn to mysterious and rumored to be dangerous new guy, falls in love, he tells her something he shouldn't, and bam she's in danger. Don't get me wrong, it's not THAT terrible, I still went onto the second book and it does marginally get better.

I recommend this to someone who liked Twilight and enjoys a quick read. I will admit you have to be understanding and patient to read this book, it moves slow in some places and then jumps in others.

Books like this (maybe better):
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer-clearly-
Dust by Sarah Daltry
Alias Dragonfly by Jane Singer

Go for it and check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment