Monday, September 19, 2016

Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix

This book is about what happens to Cinderella after she finds her prince. And the reality of what happens isn’t all "Happily Ever After" like she thought it’d be and what most people think it was. Once she moved to the castle Ella had to take boring classes and learn everything she didn’t grow up learning, like how to needle point and be a princess. Ella soon realizes that she is not made to become queen or even be a princess but it is harder to break off the engagement than she thought it would be. I have to say this first off, I was not a fan of this book. I love the concept but for me it could have been more elaborate and well written. The main problem that I and other reviewers had with this book was how annoying and unlikeable Ella is. It's really hard to like a book when the main character is unlikeable. I can't even put my finger on it. Another thing that kept me from diving into this book was how simply written it was, I think that this would be a great bed time story to read to a 10 year-old but it should not be catagorized as young adult. I mainly recommend this book to Cinderella lovers who can't get enough or middle schoolers.

Books like this!
Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment